By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
By providing us with your data, you warrant to us that you are over 13 years of age. Although the Kids Cook Real Food eCourse is definitely designed for children to use, someone over 13 MUST be the person who enters personal information and completes the payment transaction. All cooking classes experienced by someone under 13 must be supervised by an adult. Please see the terms and conditions for members for more information.
Kitchen Stewardship LLC is the data controller and we are responsible for your personal data (referred to as “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice).
It is very important that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please let us know if at any time your personal information changes by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal identification information
We may collect personally identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, place an order, subscribe to an email list, respond to a survey, fill out a form, purchase a product, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information (for purchases only). Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identifiable information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymized data.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information. This is standard with statistical software like Google Analytics.
Web browser cookies
How we use collected information
Kitchen Stewardship, LLC (the parent company of the Kids Cook Real Food eCourse) collects and uses Users’ personal information for the following purposes:
- – To personalize user experience
We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- – To improve customer service
Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs, especially if you become a member of the course or sign up for a freebie.
- – To process transactions
We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order to provide service to that order, including course updates, and also special offers that may be of interest to you. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service. Referring affiliates can see your first and last name if you become a member, but no one sees your email address.
- – To send periodic emails
To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them. When you subscribe to our free class series, we will send the videos and reminders via email along with helpful tips about kids cooking and notifications of when registration opens.
- – To serve and track advertisements
Some sites allow us to share our email lists in order to find others like our list, or include or exclude you from seeing our advertisements. We never share information with anyone who would send you an email, only for targeting purposes within other platforms of which you may be a member.
- The email address Users provide for order processing will be used to send them information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, and/or other requests or questions, and will be part of the customer list, which may be used to pass on items of interest to eCourse members. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list (or if they remain on the freebie list for more than two months without becoming a member), they will receive emails that may include daily blog posts from Kitchen Stewarship, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
Legal Terms about Data
We may process the following categories of personal data about you:
- Communication Data that includes any communication that you send to us whether that be through the contact form on our website, through email, text, social media messaging, social media posting or any other communication that you send us. We process this data for the purposes of communicating with you, for record keeping and for the establishment, pursuance or defense of legal claims. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to reply to communications sent to us, to keep records and to establish, pursue or defend legal claims.
- Customer Data that includes data relating to any purchases of goods and/or services such as your name, title, billing address, delivery address email address, phone number, contact details, purchase details and your card details. We process this data to supply the goods and/or services you have purchased and to keep records of such transactions. Our lawful ground for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps at your request to enter into such a contract.
- User Data that includes data about how you use our website and any online services together with any data that you post for publication on our website or through other online services. We process this data to operate our website and ensure relevant content is provided to you, to ensure the security of our website, to maintain back- ups of our website and/or databases and to enable publication and administration of our website, other online services and business. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business.
- Technical Data that includes data about your use of our website and online services such as your IP address, your login data, details about your browser, length of visit to pages on our website, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use our website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access our website. The source of this data is from our analytics tracking system. We process this data to analyze your use of our website and other online services, to administer and protect our business and website, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and to understand the effectiveness of our advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business and to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
- Marketing Data that includes data about your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences. We process this data to enable you to partake in our promotions such as competitions, prize draws and free give-aways, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of this advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
- We may use Customer Data, User Data, Technical Data and Marketing Data to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you (including Facebook adverts or other display advertisements) and to measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve you. Our lawful ground for this processing is legitimate interests which is to grow our business. We may also use such data to send other marketing communications to you. Our lawful ground for this processing is either consent or legitimate interests (namely to grow our business).
Websites must have a legal basis for collecting information from individuals located in the European Union. Our legal basis for each of the ways we collect information from you is described above. Please note where consent forms the basis, you can withdraw consent at any time by contacting Katie Kimball at email@example.com or simply opting out of any email message using the “unsubscribe” link.
We do not collect any Sensitive Data about you. Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. We do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offenses.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site. In fact, we cannot even see member passwords and never send them through email.
“Legitimate interests” for processing your personal information exist where you submit the information with an expectation that it will be processed and there is no undue impact on you. If you disagree or have questions, please contact Katie Kimball at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will cease the processing of your data under this legal basis.
Under data protection laws you have rights in relation to your personal data that include the right to request access, correction, erasure, restriction, transfer, to object to processing, to portability of data and (where the lawful ground of processing is consent) to withdraw consent.
You can see more about these rights at: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive, or we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you.
If you live in the E.U. and are not happy with any aspect of how we collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk).
We should be grateful if you would contact us first if you do have any complaint so that we can try to resolve it for you.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users’ personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers. We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. Tracking pixels do track visits and are shared with third parties to measure ad effectiveness. (For example, if you click on a Facebook or Pinterest ad, the site will register that you arrived here and share that information with the social media site from whence you came.) We may also upload email lists to third party sites for the purpose of targeting advertising, as explained in the bullet above. You may opt out of this by emailing support @ kidscookrealfood.com. For Pinterest visitor retargeting, you may opt out through your browser’s Do Not Track feature or your Pinterest personalization settings.
Kitchen Stewardship, LLC does not collect or even see any financial information, including bank account numbers, credit card information, or Paypal passwords. WePay is the credit card processor through InfusionSoft and our team can only see the last 4 numbers of your credit card if you make a purchase. We can make refunds, but that is the extent of our financial dealings with transactions. We are not liable for any compromise of sensitive information that may occur while using external websites like Paypal and others.
Third party websites
Kitchen Stewardship participates in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Sale of Business
Should we sell this site or our business, your personal information will be an asset transferred to the new owner.
Katie Kimball Kitchen Stewardship, LLC
8566 Woodruff Dr. SW
Byron Center, MI 49315
support @ kidscookrealfood.com
This document was last updated on May 25, 2018.