Homemade snacks are so easy! Watch how your kids can make homemade ranch dressing and vegetables 100% on their own. The perfect snack!
Your kids can make this homemade ranch dip with healthy ingredients that actually help your body absorb nutrients from your veggies!
“Mooooom, I’m hungry!!”
How many times do your kids ask for snacks each day? Wouldn’t it be a relief if they were empowered to prepared their own snacks, instead of coming to you and whining about how hungry they are?
Download and print:
Homemade Ranch Dip for Veggies
Healthy Ranch Dip Recipe
- 1 c. of either: sour cream, yogurt, homemade mayo
- 1 Tbs. red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. ranch seasoning mix
Ranch seasoning mix:
- 4 Tbs. onion powder
- 2 Tbs. garlic powder
- 2 Tbs. dried parsley
- 2 Tbs. dried dill
- 2 Tbs. dried chives
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper, optional
- Scoop ranch seasoning ingredients into a small jar and shake to combine.
- Mix ranch dip ingredients together well until everything is uniform.
- Store in the refrigerator and use as a dressing or veggie dip.
- You can thin this dip out with milk for a pourable dressing.
- The flavor will get a little stronger after a few hours as the herbs permeate the sour cream or another base.
- You can add 1/2 to 1 teaspoon more ranch mix if you’d like more flavor.
- Dairy-free ranch dip: You can use mayonnaise and/or coconut milk yogurt to make this a dairy-free ranch dip. Find out why you might want to avoid dairy and what it’s like to go dairy-free.
Find more cooking videos for kids here!
If you had fun with this recipe, check out our online cooking course!
What You Should Do Next:
1. Subscribe to The Healthy Parenting Connector
2. Try a Free Preview of my Cooking Class for Kids
Our members’ favorite lesson is always our 10-minute knife skills and safety class, teaching techniques with unique & memorable phrases from butter knives to chef’s knives (ages 2-teen). Take a peek here and try it out with your kids.
3. Enroll in the Online Cooking Course for Kids:
About Katie Kimball
Katie Kimball, CSME, creator of Kids Cook Real Food and CEO of Kitchen Stewardship, LLC, is passionate about connecting families around healthy food. As a trusted educator and author of 8 real food cookbooks, she’s been featured on media outlets like ABC, NBC and First for Women magazine and contributes periodically on the FOX Network.
Since 2009, busy moms have looked to Katie as a trusted authority and advocate for children’s health, and she often partners with health experts and medical practitioners to stay on the cutting edge. In 2016 she created the Wall Street Journal recommended best online kids cooking course, Kids Cook Real Food, helping thousands of families around the world learn to cook. She is actively masterminding the Kids’ Meal Revolution, with a goal of every child learning to cook.
A mom of 4 kids from Michigan, she is also a Certified Stress Mastery Educator, member of the American Institute of Stress and trained speaker through Bo Eason’s Personal Story Power.