Check Out Just a Few of the Entries for Week 1!
These kids all worked together, each having their own tasks, to create a beautiful pumpkin swirl brownie!
What creativity! The kids chose how they wanted to make festive brownies all on their own!
The Fine Print
I’d love to email you the details, but if you’d rather rely on your memory or some notes 😉 here are the details you’ll need:
- No purchase necessary to enter or win.
- The holiday baking challenge will run November 21st through 29th with two chances to win prizes.
- Each weekend will have a theme to follow, announced at the live session and via email.
- To enter, just take a picture of your child with their creation (or just the creation for privacy) and post publicly on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #kidscookrealfood.
- Tag @kidscookrealfood and share a link to join https://kidscookrealfood.com/free-baking-challenge/ . (Note: Instagram is fussy about searching for hashtags, so be SURE to tag me and make sure your post is public! You can go back to private after the drawing Sunday night.)
- If you don’t use social media or don’t want to set your post to public: you are welcome to email [email protected] with your photo, the subject “holiday baking challenge entry, week #” and copy 5 friends on the email. Our goal with sharing is to get others excited about baking intentionally with their kids, so thank you for including your friends!
- Live sessions will include interactive investigations of the science behind baking. We won’t demonstrate recipes, but we’ll be running explorations of the role of salt, leavening, and fat in making baked goods recipes come out successfully. Join us at 9:00 a.m. Eastern, November 21st and November 28th right on the Kids Cook Real Food Facebook page.
- Those videos will remain available until 5:00 p.m. on Sunday, when they will be added to the member area for the paid portion of the Holiday Baking Challenge.
- Contest is open to anyone age 13 and up in the continental United States. Some prizes are digital and can be won worldwide. Parents are welcome to enter for their children under 13.
- Winners will be announced at 8:00 p.m. Eastern each Sunday, and we will contact you through the platform on which your photo was posted.
- Your family will receive one entry for every child in the photo(s) for each drawing. (In other words, if you have 4 children who all participate, your family may receive 4 entries for the first week, and 4 entries for the second week, if all the kids are in the pic or mentioned in the text of your share.)
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Must be in the US for physical mailed prizes. Odds of winning depend on number of entries.
- Some links on this page are affiliate links which will earn Kids Cook Real Food a small commission.